Friday, September 21, 2007

Snicker Doodles: A Review




I promise, this review has a "Native American" connection.

With thanks to Rod Pocowachit.

I was in the OCB in Niles, IL yesterday and for my dessert I felt like cookies. As I browsed the selection, snicker doodles caught my eye. My first thought was back to the First Nations film screening at the AIC. I had always wished I had the presence of mind to serve snicker doodles as a snack while we screened "Sleepdancer". (Anyone who has seen it will get it.)

So, in addition to three chocolate chip cookies and a small piece of cherry cheesecake (It was a buffet after all.), I grabbed a snicker doodle to try...





God, it was the best cookie, EVER!

My wife giggles at me as I immediately jump up to get some more.

Then, when I bit into the second cookie, which was as good as the first, I shit you not, over the restuarant speakers comes: "CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaan you FEEEEEEEEEEEEeeel, ....the love, ...tonight!" Yes, it was the perfect cookie biting moment.

I am smitten. Smitten by snicker doodles.

Now, I am a chocolate chip cookie man, myself. Nothing beats homemade CC cookies. For a store-bought snack, Oreos are still numeral uno in my book. But, God, these are just as good.

I have eaten sugar cookies. I have eaten butter cookies. The snicker doodles rises above these with its doughy consistancy and buttery-cinnimony flavor. I now have a three-way tie for my cookie love; Oreos, chocolate chip and now the snicker doodle. I greatly recommend.

Thanks to that "Sleepdancer" movie and Rod Pocowachit, you mad bastard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snicker doodles rock! Thank you E for making me laugh early in the morning while I am avoiding home work ;)

Ronin Redshade said...

Has anyone else noticed that all the reviews for September, so far, start with an "S"?