Friday, November 23, 2007

Superman: Ultimate Flight - A Review



Photo courtesy of SupemanSuperSite.com


Superman Ultimate Flight: A Review

For Halloween the WB’s went to Six Flags for the Fright Fest. Over the past few visits we’ve been slowly honing our day-long Six Flag visitation skills. We’re getting better. Our very first visit we stayed there from open to close on sheer nerve. Now, it takes some careful planning and lots of Tylenol. Over the years, our Sammie has been dying to ride the Superman ride but was never tall enough, nor I skinny enough, to fit in the seats. That is, until this time.

Now, I’m a Batman fan myself, but it was the first ride Sammie and I jumped in line for. The line was short for Six Flags but it was a good hour-long wait. I tend to get nervous about roller coasters until two things pop into my head: 1) they are built to be safe. Building them to kill people would be counter-productive. And 2) Having flown in planes, which is much riskier and at a 1000% higher altitudes and speeds and distances, how can any roller coaster come close to hurling your lumpy-self across the country? Once I get those in mind, I’m good.

The ride is designed to simulate flying like Superman. And who among us has never dreamed of doing so? This ride comes closer to any other roller coaster I have ridden. I was soon sticking my arms out like all the other saps. It was fun, fun ride. The music and the sensation of floating helped the experience as well. What added to the specialness was this was the first ride my Sammie and I shared, making it that much more special.

Highly Recommended.

No comments: